Zentangle® is a relaxing art process which everyone
can do! If you can hold a pen, then you can do Zentangle!
This wonderful art form was created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts. It is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.
The Zentangle process increases focus and creativity, and provides artistic satisfaction, along with an increased sense of well-being. The Zentangle method is enjoyed all over the world and across a wide range of ages, sills, and interests.
Although a finished piece of Zentangle art may appear to be elaborate, the process is done "one stroke at a time".
It is fascinating to learn how other people are using the Zentangle method. Here's a list of benefits others enjoy from practicing the Zentangle Method. This list continues to grow as people apply the Zentangle Method in their lives!
- Simple and quick access to mindfulness
- Non-verbal journalling
- Insomnia (Improved sleep by creating Zentangle art before bedtime)
- Panic attacks (For fear of flying, creating Zentangle art during takeoff and landing!)
- Being part of a supportive and fun community
- Create beautiful works of art
- Nurture and develop creative abilities
- Relieve stress
- Improve eye/hand coordination
- Develop/rehabilitate fine motor skills
- Team building and group focus
- Anger management
- Addiction therapy tool
- Early artist development and appreciation
- Increase attention span and ability to concentrate